The ANNIKA Foundation Selects Exponent as Integrated Marketing Agency of Record
2023 April 4
The ANNIKA Foundation, a nonprofit organization inspiring the next generation of women through the game of golf and providing opportunities at the junior, collegiate and professional levels, has selected Colle McVoy and Exponent, its boutique public relations practice, as its integrated marketing agency of record (AOR).
Founded in 2007 by global golf icon Annika Sörenstam and her husband, Mike McGee, the ANNIKA Foundation is devoted to growing the sport around the world and becoming the leading developmental organization for women’s golf. As AOR, Exponent will develop and execute media relations strategies for the Foundation’s current programming initiatives and build integrated marketing partnerships for existing and prospective sponsors and donors.
— Rob Ohno, Chief Executive Officer, the ANNIKA Foundation
Each year, the ANNIKA Foundation advances its mission through programming and tournaments designed for junior, collegiate and professional players, including:
- “Share My Passion” clinics, which invite girls ages 6-12 to write an open letter to other girls telling them why they love golf for the chance to participate in a small group lesson featuring coaching and advice from Annika
- Junior and collegiate female-only invitational tournaments in the U.S., Europe, Latin America, Australasia, and Asia.
- The ANNIKA Award presented by Stifel, which is annually bestowed to the most outstanding female NCAA Division I golfer.
- The ANNIKA Development Program, which annually awards four recent graduates of a four-year college golf program in South Carolina, North Carolina or Georgia with a three-year fellowship at Old Barnwell (Aitkin, S.C.) that includes housing, an annual stipend to cover tournament fees and travel, and training from Old Barnwell staff and mentorship from Annika.
- The ANNIKA Driven by Gainbridge at Pelican, which will debut in November as part of the 2023 LPGA Tour schedule with proceeds benefiting the ANNIKA Foundation.
“From USA Swimming to the Recreational Boating & Fishing Foundation, our agency has a track record of supporting organizations that are dedicated to creating more inclusion and opportunity within a particular sport,” said Christine Fruechte, Chief Executive Officer, Colle McVoy. “We couldn’t be more excited to partner with the ANNIKA Foundation and one of the sport’s greatest ambassadors to help more girls and women advance both on and off the golf course.”
About the ANNIKA Foundation:
Annika created the ANNIKA Foundation (www.annikafoundation.org) to develop and empower the next generation of women around the world through the game of golf. More specifically, it provides opportunities in women’s golf at the junior, collegiate and professional levels while teaching young people the importance of personal development, including living a healthy, active lifestyle through fitness and nutrition. The Foundation has partnered with key organizations to promote healthy, active lifestyles for children, including SPARK, Florida Hospital for Children in support of its Healthy 100 Kids initiative and The First Tee in development of the Nine Healthy Habits curriculum for children, and an endowment of the AJGA’s ACE Grant program.