Cannondale: Modernizing A Global Bike Brand
Cannondale Case Study
Communicate that Cannondale is The Perfect Ride. Knowing that the work needs to tell both a product and a brand story, we developed a brand system that could easily translate across mediums and continents. Our primary imagery and headlines are equal parts innovation and inspiration, capturing the best athletes in the world putting Cannondale bikes to the ultimate test. While the secondary images and language tout technological prowess in a way that reflects the attitudes of our audience. The system allows the same look and feel to extend beyond print ads to catalogs and interactive, giving Cannondale a unified, cohesive brand.
Since its earliest days, Cannondale has engineered premium products, redefining and reinventing the way bicycles are made. By creating industry-changing innovations through state-of-the-art design, Cannondale is globally recognized as a leader in product innovation. The challenge was to position the brand in a way that not only showcased its technological prowess, but also its rider-centric culture that crosses all cycling categories, around the globe.
Schwinn: Bike It Forward Case Study
Bike It Forward
With spring approaching, we set our sights on National Bike Month in May. After all, if one brand could rightfully own the month, it’s Schwinn. We then created a campaign to celebrate 31 days of bicycling goodness. Bike It Forward let users spread the joy of May Bike Month by choosing a friend on Facebook to win a new Schwinn. To demonstrate the lineup, users could choose from all categories, including Urban, Hybrid, Road, Mountain, Cruiser and Kids. And to reward their kindness, if a friend won, they won a new bike, too. Banners, Facebook ads, a satellite media tour and social media mentions from the likes of Summer Sanders and Pee-wee Herman helped drive traffic to the experience. By the end of May, we had increased web traffic by 40% compared to May of the previous year, our Facebook fanbase grew by more than 3,000% and the campaign generated more than 500 million impressions. A joyous May Bike Month, indeed.
Schwinn: Bell Choir Case Study
Schwinn Schwinn Bell Choir
Visit the site: archive.collemcvoy.com/schwinnbellchoir »
At the core of Schwinn’s DNA is joy, so instead of sending yet another sales message into the seasonal clutter, we created a new twist on an old holiday favorite. We assembled a team of Schwinn-riding carolers who played beloved holiday songs using custom-made, specially tuned Schwinn bike bells. We also built a site where people could exchange e-carols of the Bell Choir performing the songs. To extend the spirit of giving, Schwinn donated bikes and helmets to kids in need for each carol that was shared. The Schwinn Bell Choir has been recognized by the Webby Awards, AIGA and the FWA for its rich Web experience.
At SchwinnBellChoir.com, visitors were not only be able to listen to the Schwinn Bell Choir perform classic carols, they also had the opportunity to spread the joy by sharing e-carols with friends and family. Each song shared helped donate a Schwinn bike to a child in need during the holiday season.
Schwinn: Client Profile
With over 100 years of cycling heritage, passion and expertise, Schwinn is the quintessential American brand. Its vast array of bicycles allows riders of all ages, abilities and locations to experience the joy of riding a bike.
SUGOi: Client Profile
SUGOi is committed to going beyond in order to create the finest performance apparel in the world for cyclists, triathletes and runners who demand as much from what they wear as they do from themselves.
Mongoose: Client Profile
Founded in 1974 in a So Cal garage, Mongoose has always been an innovator. Mongoose is built for riders by riders. That focus is what drives the innovation of new technologies and approaches to bike design. Mongoose bikes don’t just push the limits. They set new ones.
C+M Named AOR For Dorel Recreational/Leisure Segment
MINNEAPOLIS, Oct. 26, 2010 - Today Colle+McVoy was named global advertising agency of record for Dorel Industries Inc.’s (TSX: DII.B, DII.A) Recreational/Leisure segment, a worldwide leader and innovator in high-end and enthusiast bicycles and sports apparel, including the Cannondale, Schwinn, GT, Mongoose, IronHorse and SUGOi brands. The agency will lead global strategic and creative development of integrated programs across all traditional and nontraditional mediums targeted to consumers, independent bike dealers, mass merchants and sporting goods retailers.
"As Dorel Recreational/Leisure grows, we need a best-in-class partner to help us continue to evolve and maintain the relevance of our iconic consumer brands," said Andrew Coccari, CMO Global Marketing, Dorel Recreational/Leisure segment. "Colle+McVoy’s passion for bicycling is evident in their work with groups like Bikes Belong. Their consumer-centric focus toward building beloved lifestyle brands is tried and true, and their appreciation for the dynamics and pace of this industry is unparalleled."
"Enthusiast lifestyles are a core focus and expertise of ours. It’s an honor to partner with Dorel Recreational/Leisure to advance the growth of its iconic brand portfolio," said Christine Fruechte, president and CEO, Colle+McVoy.
This substantial AOR assignment is the latest win by Colle+McVoy, which was also awarded new business recently from Old Navy, Mammoth Mountain Ski Resort, Medtronic Foundation, Explore Minnesota Tourism, Regis Corporation, General Mills, Land O’Lakes and Nestlé Purina.
C+M Hires And Promotes Within Creative Department
MINNEAPOLIS, Nov. 30, 2010 - Colle+McVoy announced today the addition of three employees and promotions for six others in its creative department. Recently, Colle+McVoy announced the expansion of the interactive and account service departments to meet growth in new business and current accounts. New clients include Dorel Recreational/Leisure, Mammoth Mountain Ski Area, Old Navy, Explore Minnesota Tourism, Medtronic Foundation and Regis Corp. The new hires include:
- Harlo Petoskey has been hired as senior information and user experience architect. Petoskey has extensive brand experience that includes the University of Minnesota, Thomson Reuters, General Mills, HBO, Dell, Disney and Buick.
- Aaron Purmort has been hired as senior interactive designer. Purmort has considerable brand experience, including Microsoft, Target, Best Buy, General Mills and American Standard.
- Josh Van Patter has been hired as editor. Van Patter previously worked with brands that include Motorola, Journeys, Oppenheimer Funds and the University of Minnesota.
The six promotions include:
- Kristen Evanoff, promoted to director of creative output.
- John Neerland, promoted to associate creative director.
- Chris Peters, promoted to senior art producer and photographer.
- Lindsey Aho, promoted to senior designer.
- Micah Dahl, promoted to editor.
- Nina Orezzoli, promoted to senior art director.
"The creative group at Colle+McVoy comprises diverse talent with a big appetite for client success," said Mike Caguin, executive creative director, Colle+McVoy. "We could not be more excited to kick off a new year with our expanded and energized team."
Photos available upon request.
New Account Service Hires Latest In Rapid Expansion At C+M
MINNEAPOLIS, Nov. 3, 2010 - Colle+McVoy announced today the addition of nine new employees to its account service team to meet the rapid growth of current accounts and new business. This latest round of hires follows the expansion of the interactive team and in other areas. Recent new clients include Dorel Recreational/Leisure, Mammoth Mountain Ski Area, Old Navy, Explore Minnesota Tourism, Medtronic Foundation and Regis Corp. The new hires include:
- Rob Hagemann has been hired as account director. Hagemann has a lengthy history of accomplishments with several General Mills brands and Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina.
- Nat Jungerberg has been hired as account supervisor. Jungerberg has considerable brand experience that includes work for Best Buy, Great Clips, Macy’s, Microsoft, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell.
- Josh Thompson has been hired as account supervisor. Thompson has extensive business-to-business brand experience with previous accounts that include Pfizer Animal Health and Cargill Animal Nutrition.
- Sarah Biggerstaff has been hired as senior account executive. She has previous experience with several General Mills brands.
- Sarah Markel has been hired as account executive. Markel previously worked on consumer brands at Target Corp.
- Casie Cook has been hired as assistant account executive. She is a graduate of the University of Minnesota.
- Amanda Goplen has been hired as assistant account executive. She has experience in agriculture business.
- Ryan Sadeghi has been hired as assistant account executive. He is a graduate of the University of Southern California and recently worked on the SuperValu brand.
- Matt Stengel has been hired as assistant account executive. Previously, he worked on accounts such as the Chicago Museum of Science & Industry, University of Notre Dame, Thomson Reuters, Ecolab, Minnesota Vikings and Mayo Clinic.
"Our success is the product of the phenomenal talent of our employees," said Stacy Janicki, director of account management, Colle+McVoy. "These new team members share our vision and passion for client success."
Photos available upon request.