Old Navy: Client Profile
With more than 1,000 stores in North America, Old Navy is known for being a brand that marries value and fashion in a fun way for the entire family. Nobody is better at offering on-trend, modern clothing and accessories in a unique and dynamic environment.
Old Navy: Inventing A New Brand Design System
Old Navy case study
- http://www.collemcvoy.com/wp-content/themes/images/ss_image/onvy_case study_910_1.jpg
- http://www.collemcvoy.com/wp-content/themes/images/ss_image/onvy_case study_910_2.jpg
- http://www.collemcvoy.com/wp-content/themes/images/ss_image/onvy_case study_910_3.jpg
- http://www.collemcvoy.com/wp-content/themes/images/ss_image/onvy_case study_910_4.jpg
- http://www.collemcvoy.com/wp-content/themes/images/ss_image/onvy_case study_910_5.jpg
- http://www.collemcvoy.com/wp-content/themes/images/ss_image/onvy_case study_910_6.jpg
The visibility of our work for Caribou Coffee earned us an invitation from Old Navy to submit a proposal to transform and define their entire brand design philosophy. After being selected from among some of the best design firms in the country, we developed a proprietary typeface, secondary fonts, color palettes, patterns, brand language, a comprehensive brand standards manual, examples of in-store applications and direct mail.
C+M Promotes John Neerland And Expands Creative Team
Colle+McVoy Promotes John Neerland and Expands Creative Team to Meet GrowthMINNEAPOLIS, May 15, 2012 – Colle+McVoy today announced that John Neerland has been promoted from associate creative director to group creative director, and six new hires have been made to meet the growing needs of the creative department and clients.
“John is as talented as they come and he has played an important role in creating work that has elevated our clients and the agency,” said Mike Caguin, chief creative officer, Colle+McVoy.
The creative department has grown more than 35 percent in the last year alone and Colle+McVoy has experienced six consecutive years of growth. This has been fueled by a significant investment in its social media and digital offering, organic growth from long-term client partners and new clients inspired by the agency’s ability to revitalize iconic brands — most recently Indian Motorcycle and Mountain Hardwear.
Neerland, who joined the agency more than seven years ago, has led creative efforts for Caribou Coffee, Schwinn, Old Navy, Yahoo!, Novartis Animal Health and Explore Minnesota Tourism among others. His work has been recognized by The One Show, D&AD, Cannes, the Webby Awards, the Effie Awards, the Obies and Communication Arts.
Joining Neerland in the creative department are:
-Erik Kvalseth has been hired as an associate creative director. Kvalseth has a wealth of experience including work on Polaris, E*Trade, Target, Ikea, OptumHealth and Cenex.
-Nate Hinz has been hired as a senior designer and has worked on brands like BMW, Jack Daniels, United Airlines, Nordstrom, Miller Lite and Citibank.
-Emily Honigsfeld has been hired as a senior art director/designer. Honigsfeld recently worked at Deutsch LA and has experience on brands such as Hyatt Hotels, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Corona and T-Mobile.
-Brit Ryan has been hired as junior art director and previously worked at LA-based agency Mistress on the Red Bull, Jagermeister and FUZE brands.
-Chris Gault has been hired as a senior copywriter. Gault has experience with L.L. Bean, Payless ShoeSource and Finnegan’s Irish Amber.
-Ryan Burk has been hired as a copywriter and has worked on a range of outdoor and recreation brands like Shimano Cycling & Fishing, Northern Tool + Equipment and Zeiss Sports Optics.
-Additionally, Matt Pruett has been promoted to senior art director and has worked on brands such as Cannondale, Subaru and Harley-Davidson.
C+M Hires And Promotes Within Creative Department
MINNEAPOLIS, Nov. 30, 2010 - Colle+McVoy announced today the addition of three employees and promotions for six others in its creative department. Recently, Colle+McVoy announced the expansion of the interactive and account service departments to meet growth in new business and current accounts. New clients include Dorel Recreational/Leisure, Mammoth Mountain Ski Area, Old Navy, Explore Minnesota Tourism, Medtronic Foundation and Regis Corp. The new hires include:
- Harlo Petoskey has been hired as senior information and user experience architect. Petoskey has extensive brand experience that includes the University of Minnesota, Thomson Reuters, General Mills, HBO, Dell, Disney and Buick.
- Aaron Purmort has been hired as senior interactive designer. Purmort has considerable brand experience, including Microsoft, Target, Best Buy, General Mills and American Standard.
- Josh Van Patter has been hired as editor. Van Patter previously worked with brands that include Motorola, Journeys, Oppenheimer Funds and the University of Minnesota.
The six promotions include:
- Kristen Evanoff, promoted to director of creative output.
- John Neerland, promoted to associate creative director.
- Chris Peters, promoted to senior art producer and photographer.
- Lindsey Aho, promoted to senior designer.
- Micah Dahl, promoted to editor.
- Nina Orezzoli, promoted to senior art director.
"The creative group at Colle+McVoy comprises diverse talent with a big appetite for client success," said Mike Caguin, executive creative director, Colle+McVoy. "We could not be more excited to kick off a new year with our expanded and energized team."
Photos available upon request.
New Account Service Hires Latest In Rapid Expansion At C+M
MINNEAPOLIS, Nov. 3, 2010 - Colle+McVoy announced today the addition of nine new employees to its account service team to meet the rapid growth of current accounts and new business. This latest round of hires follows the expansion of the interactive team and in other areas. Recent new clients include Dorel Recreational/Leisure, Mammoth Mountain Ski Area, Old Navy, Explore Minnesota Tourism, Medtronic Foundation and Regis Corp. The new hires include:
- Rob Hagemann has been hired as account director. Hagemann has a lengthy history of accomplishments with several General Mills brands and Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina.
- Nat Jungerberg has been hired as account supervisor. Jungerberg has considerable brand experience that includes work for Best Buy, Great Clips, Macy’s, Microsoft, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell.
- Josh Thompson has been hired as account supervisor. Thompson has extensive business-to-business brand experience with previous accounts that include Pfizer Animal Health and Cargill Animal Nutrition.
- Sarah Biggerstaff has been hired as senior account executive. She has previous experience with several General Mills brands.
- Sarah Markel has been hired as account executive. Markel previously worked on consumer brands at Target Corp.
- Casie Cook has been hired as assistant account executive. She is a graduate of the University of Minnesota.
- Amanda Goplen has been hired as assistant account executive. She has experience in agriculture business.
- Ryan Sadeghi has been hired as assistant account executive. He is a graduate of the University of Southern California and recently worked on the SuperValu brand.
- Matt Stengel has been hired as assistant account executive. Previously, he worked on accounts such as the Chicago Museum of Science & Industry, University of Notre Dame, Thomson Reuters, Ecolab, Minnesota Vikings and Mayo Clinic.
"Our success is the product of the phenomenal talent of our employees," said Stacy Janicki, director of account management, Colle+McVoy. "These new team members share our vision and passion for client success."
Photos available upon request.
C+M Named AOR For Dorel Recreational/Leisure Segment
MINNEAPOLIS, Oct. 26, 2010 - Today Colle+McVoy was named global advertising agency of record for Dorel Industries Inc.’s (TSX: DII.B, DII.A) Recreational/Leisure segment, a worldwide leader and innovator in high-end and enthusiast bicycles and sports apparel, including the Cannondale, Schwinn, GT, Mongoose, IronHorse and SUGOi brands. The agency will lead global strategic and creative development of integrated programs across all traditional and nontraditional mediums targeted to consumers, independent bike dealers, mass merchants and sporting goods retailers.
"As Dorel Recreational/Leisure grows, we need a best-in-class partner to help us continue to evolve and maintain the relevance of our iconic consumer brands," said Andrew Coccari, CMO Global Marketing, Dorel Recreational/Leisure segment. "Colle+McVoy’s passion for bicycling is evident in their work with groups like Bikes Belong. Their consumer-centric focus toward building beloved lifestyle brands is tried and true, and their appreciation for the dynamics and pace of this industry is unparalleled."
"Enthusiast lifestyles are a core focus and expertise of ours. It’s an honor to partner with Dorel Recreational/Leisure to advance the growth of its iconic brand portfolio," said Christine Fruechte, president and CEO, Colle+McVoy.
This substantial AOR assignment is the latest win by Colle+McVoy, which was also awarded new business recently from Old Navy, Mammoth Mountain Ski Resort, Medtronic Foundation, Explore Minnesota Tourism, Regis Corporation, General Mills, Land O’Lakes and Nestlé Purina.