Mammoth Mountain: Client Profile
Mammoth Mountain is a world-class destination located at the top of California, gets more than 400 inches of annual snowfall. Mammoth has the longest ski-season of any North American resort and a surf-inspired culture that truly makes it the pinnacle of California mountain life.
Mammoth Mountain: Repositioning The Top of California
Mammoth Mountain Campaign
Mammoth’s unique personality coupled with its physical attributes inspired us to create a brand position, look and voice that captured the attitude that is uniquely Mammoth: The top of California. Mammoth and C+M liked it so much, it became the tagline. We developed a 2010-2011 winter campaign that infused a more youthful, action-sports look with a free-spirited, adrenaline-fueled attitude. Every consumer point of contact was revamped, including MammothMountain.com, billboards in Northern and Southern California, print and online ads, emails, and direct mail.
Mammoth Mountain is California’s premier ski and summer resort. We were enlisted to help differentiate and reposition the resort so it could expand its core customer base in Southern California, while introducing the resort through its new flight service to Northern California.
Mammoth Mountain: Top of California Outdoor
Our first campaign for Mammoth Mountain was, in some ways, like a grand opening. For decades, Mammoth’s jaw-dropping topography and famous terrain were only accessible by car - preferably the 4x4 variety. But with new air service from Los Angeles, the Bay Area and beyond, Mammoth’s 11,000-foot summit is now accessible to all. Higher than any West Coast resort, we introduced the tagline, "The top of California".
Side note: This year, more than ever, Mammoth is living up to its name. It was officially recorded as having the most snow in the world after a storm dumped more than 13 feet of the white stuff.
Mammoth Mountain: Website Redesign
Building off the same striking look and feel seen in print and outdoor, our modular approach to the Web site allowed us to showcase the latest news, events and promotions while serving up that unmistakable California attitude.
Visit the site: www.mammothmountain.com »
C+M Launches New Campaign for Mammoth
MINNEAPOLIS, February 25, 2011 - As AOR for Mammoth Mountain Ski Resort, Colle+McVoy recently launched its first campaign for the resort that in some ways is like a grand opening. For decades, Mammoth’s jaw-dropping topography and famous terrain parks were only accessible by car - preferably the 4x4 variety. But with new air service from Los Angeles, the Bay Area and beyond, Mammoth’s 11,000-foot summit is now accessible to all. Higher than any West Coast resort, we introduced the tagline, "The top of California."
View the work here
C+M Hires And Promotes Within Creative Department
MINNEAPOLIS, Nov. 30, 2010 - Colle+McVoy announced today the addition of three employees and promotions for six others in its creative department. Recently, Colle+McVoy announced the expansion of the interactive and account service departments to meet growth in new business and current accounts. New clients include Dorel Recreational/Leisure, Mammoth Mountain Ski Area, Old Navy, Explore Minnesota Tourism, Medtronic Foundation and Regis Corp. The new hires include:
- Harlo Petoskey has been hired as senior information and user experience architect. Petoskey has extensive brand experience that includes the University of Minnesota, Thomson Reuters, General Mills, HBO, Dell, Disney and Buick.
- Aaron Purmort has been hired as senior interactive designer. Purmort has considerable brand experience, including Microsoft, Target, Best Buy, General Mills and American Standard.
- Josh Van Patter has been hired as editor. Van Patter previously worked with brands that include Motorola, Journeys, Oppenheimer Funds and the University of Minnesota.
The six promotions include:
- Kristen Evanoff, promoted to director of creative output.
- John Neerland, promoted to associate creative director.
- Chris Peters, promoted to senior art producer and photographer.
- Lindsey Aho, promoted to senior designer.
- Micah Dahl, promoted to editor.
- Nina Orezzoli, promoted to senior art director.
"The creative group at Colle+McVoy comprises diverse talent with a big appetite for client success," said Mike Caguin, executive creative director, Colle+McVoy. "We could not be more excited to kick off a new year with our expanded and energized team."
Photos available upon request.
New Account Service Hires Latest In Rapid Expansion At C+M
MINNEAPOLIS, Nov. 3, 2010 - Colle+McVoy announced today the addition of nine new employees to its account service team to meet the rapid growth of current accounts and new business. This latest round of hires follows the expansion of the interactive team and in other areas. Recent new clients include Dorel Recreational/Leisure, Mammoth Mountain Ski Area, Old Navy, Explore Minnesota Tourism, Medtronic Foundation and Regis Corp. The new hires include:
- Rob Hagemann has been hired as account director. Hagemann has a lengthy history of accomplishments with several General Mills brands and Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina.
- Nat Jungerberg has been hired as account supervisor. Jungerberg has considerable brand experience that includes work for Best Buy, Great Clips, Macy’s, Microsoft, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell.
- Josh Thompson has been hired as account supervisor. Thompson has extensive business-to-business brand experience with previous accounts that include Pfizer Animal Health and Cargill Animal Nutrition.
- Sarah Biggerstaff has been hired as senior account executive. She has previous experience with several General Mills brands.
- Sarah Markel has been hired as account executive. Markel previously worked on consumer brands at Target Corp.
- Casie Cook has been hired as assistant account executive. She is a graduate of the University of Minnesota.
- Amanda Goplen has been hired as assistant account executive. She has experience in agriculture business.
- Ryan Sadeghi has been hired as assistant account executive. He is a graduate of the University of Southern California and recently worked on the SuperValu brand.
- Matt Stengel has been hired as assistant account executive. Previously, he worked on accounts such as the Chicago Museum of Science & Industry, University of Notre Dame, Thomson Reuters, Ecolab, Minnesota Vikings and Mayo Clinic.
"Our success is the product of the phenomenal talent of our employees," said Stacy Janicki, director of account management, Colle+McVoy. "These new team members share our vision and passion for client success."
Photos available upon request.
C+M Named AOR For Dorel Recreational/Leisure Segment
MINNEAPOLIS, Oct. 26, 2010 - Today Colle+McVoy was named global advertising agency of record for Dorel Industries Inc.’s (TSX: DII.B, DII.A) Recreational/Leisure segment, a worldwide leader and innovator in high-end and enthusiast bicycles and sports apparel, including the Cannondale, Schwinn, GT, Mongoose, IronHorse and SUGOi brands. The agency will lead global strategic and creative development of integrated programs across all traditional and nontraditional mediums targeted to consumers, independent bike dealers, mass merchants and sporting goods retailers.
"As Dorel Recreational/Leisure grows, we need a best-in-class partner to help us continue to evolve and maintain the relevance of our iconic consumer brands," said Andrew Coccari, CMO Global Marketing, Dorel Recreational/Leisure segment. "Colle+McVoy’s passion for bicycling is evident in their work with groups like Bikes Belong. Their consumer-centric focus toward building beloved lifestyle brands is tried and true, and their appreciation for the dynamics and pace of this industry is unparalleled."
"Enthusiast lifestyles are a core focus and expertise of ours. It’s an honor to partner with Dorel Recreational/Leisure to advance the growth of its iconic brand portfolio," said Christine Fruechte, president and CEO, Colle+McVoy.
This substantial AOR assignment is the latest win by Colle+McVoy, which was also awarded new business recently from Old Navy, Mammoth Mountain Ski Resort, Medtronic Foundation, Explore Minnesota Tourism, Regis Corporation, General Mills, Land O’Lakes and Nestlé Purina.