Mammoth Mountain: Repositioning The Top of California
Mammoth Mountain Campaign
Mammoth’s unique personality coupled with its physical attributes inspired us to create a brand position, look and voice that captured the attitude that is uniquely Mammoth: The top of California. Mammoth and C+M liked it so much, it became the tagline. We developed a 2010-2011 winter campaign that infused a more youthful, action-sports look with a free-spirited, adrenaline-fueled attitude. Every consumer point of contact was revamped, including MammothMountain.com, billboards in Northern and Southern California, print and online ads, emails, and direct mail.
Mammoth Mountain is California’s premier ski and summer resort. We were enlisted to help differentiate and reposition the resort so it could expand its core customer base in Southern California, while introducing the resort through its new flight service to Northern California.
Mammoth Mountain: Top of California Outdoor
Our first campaign for Mammoth Mountain was, in some ways, like a grand opening. For decades, Mammoth’s jaw-dropping topography and famous terrain were only accessible by car - preferably the 4x4 variety. But with new air service from Los Angeles, the Bay Area and beyond, Mammoth’s 11,000-foot summit is now accessible to all. Higher than any West Coast resort, we introduced the tagline, "The top of California".
Side note: This year, more than ever, Mammoth is living up to its name. It was officially recorded as having the most snow in the world after a storm dumped more than 13 feet of the white stuff.
Mammoth Mountain: Website Redesign
Building off the same striking look and feel seen in print and outdoor, our modular approach to the Web site allowed us to showcase the latest news, events and promotions while serving up that unmistakable California attitude.
Visit the site: www.mammothmountain.com »
Mammoth Mountain: Client Profile
Mammoth Mountain is a world-class destination located at the top of California, gets more than 400 inches of annual snowfall. Mammoth has the longest ski-season of any North American resort and a surf-inspired culture that truly makes it the pinnacle of California mountain life.
C+M Hires And Promotes Within Account Service
MINNEAPOLIS, Dec. 5, 2012 - Colle+McVoy today announced a new hire and five promotions in the agency’s account service group.
Robin Rooney joined Colle+McVoy as a senior account executive to work on the WinField account. Previously, Rooney worked with brands such as Aerobed, Huffy Bikes and Principal Financial Group.
The five promotions include:
- Rachel Zwirlein was promoted to senior account executive from account executive. Zwirlein has worked with the Almond Board of California, The Mosaic Company and WinField.
- Tricia Schlaefer was promoted to account executive from assistant account executive. Schlaefer has worked with the American Refugee Committee, Arthritis Foundation and Novartis Animal Health.
- Mindy Davis was promoted to account executive from assistant account executive. Davis has worked with Land O'Lakes, Novartis Animal Health and Mentoring Partnership of Minnesota.
"We have amazing talent within our walls,” said Jim Silburn, director of client services, Colle+McVoy. “It’s wonderful to recognize that talent and growth, and add to our already strong team.”
C+M Launches New Campaign for Mammoth
MINNEAPOLIS, February 25, 2011 - As AOR for Mammoth Mountain Ski Resort, Colle+McVoy recently launched its first campaign for the resort that in some ways is like a grand opening. For decades, Mammoth’s jaw-dropping topography and famous terrain parks were only accessible by car - preferably the 4x4 variety. But with new air service from Los Angeles, the Bay Area and beyond, Mammoth’s 11,000-foot summit is now accessible to all. Higher than any West Coast resort, we introduced the tagline, "The top of California."
View the work here
New Account Service Hires Latest In Rapid Expansion At C+M
MINNEAPOLIS, Nov. 3, 2010 - Colle+McVoy announced today the addition of nine new employees to its account service team to meet the rapid growth of current accounts and new business. This latest round of hires follows the expansion of the interactive team and in other areas. Recent new clients include Dorel Recreational/Leisure, Mammoth Mountain Ski Area, Old Navy, Explore Minnesota Tourism, Medtronic Foundation and Regis Corp. The new hires include:
- Rob Hagemann has been hired as account director. Hagemann has a lengthy history of accomplishments with several General Mills brands and Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina.
- Nat Jungerberg has been hired as account supervisor. Jungerberg has considerable brand experience that includes work for Best Buy, Great Clips, Macy’s, Microsoft, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell.
- Josh Thompson has been hired as account supervisor. Thompson has extensive business-to-business brand experience with previous accounts that include Pfizer Animal Health and Cargill Animal Nutrition.
- Sarah Biggerstaff has been hired as senior account executive. She has previous experience with several General Mills brands.
- Sarah Markel has been hired as account executive. Markel previously worked on consumer brands at Target Corp.
- Casie Cook has been hired as assistant account executive. She is a graduate of the University of Minnesota.
- Amanda Goplen has been hired as assistant account executive. She has experience in agriculture business.
- Ryan Sadeghi has been hired as assistant account executive. He is a graduate of the University of Southern California and recently worked on the SuperValu brand.
- Matt Stengel has been hired as assistant account executive. Previously, he worked on accounts such as the Chicago Museum of Science & Industry, University of Notre Dame, Thomson Reuters, Ecolab, Minnesota Vikings and Mayo Clinic.
"Our success is the product of the phenomenal talent of our employees," said Stacy Janicki, director of account management, Colle+McVoy. "These new team members share our vision and passion for client success."
Photos available upon request.